From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-02-25 21:34:53

At 10:26 AM 2/22/2001 -0500, David Abrahams wrote:

>Daryle,

>I'm looking forward to getting your stuff integrated into operators.hpp.
>think your last version was probably a big improvement over what was
there,
>but I hope you also undertstand that a careful review of sweeping changes
>takes time and I can only afford to do it once in a while... ;-)

Once Dave (as the operators library maintainer) and Daryle (who has a lot
of suggestions for improvements) work through this set of changes, we might
want to talk a bit about stability.

As a library matures, the benefit of stability (however you define it)
grows.

After this set of changes, it seems like operators.hpp may be getting to
the point where it should be left alone until it is time for a major
revision.

One way to handle this is to keep a "wish list" of suggested changes. That
way good ideas are not lost, but the stability of the library is maintained
by holding the items on the wish list until the next major update.

--Beman