From: michel.andre_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-03-22 15:51:58

--- In boost_at_y..., williamkempf_at_h... wrote:

> Boost already has something along these lines. The Boost.Timer
> library provides simple timing results. What we're discussing here
> goes the extra step to providing actual time results, i.e. they
allow
> you to get the current time of day at the highest possible
resolution
> for a given platform, for instance. Check out the web page I sent
in
> the original article. It gives a very good description of what's
> being discussed here.

Oops caught red handed just scimming the docs again.

Sorry if I led the discussion in the wrong direction it wasn't my
purpose (I should read more thoroughly than i did before mailing my
opionions or proposing solutions ;)).

You learn something new with boost everyday.(I've missed the
Boost.Time header). But maybe one should make the Boost.Timer policy
based to be able to use other timer methods than clock()?

Regards
/Michel