From: kevin_vanhorn_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-03-26 16:25:16

There appears to be a problem with the web server hosting the Boost
site. When I read documentation online and click on links to header
files, the HTTP reply gives a type of "application/octet" instead of
"text/plain", with the result that my browser won't display the file
even though it is plain text. This is extremely annoying.

I've tried playing with my Netscape preferences, but it steadfastly
refuses to even consider displaying anything with a type of
"application/octet". I haven't been able to find a way to tell the
browser that files ending in ".h", ".cpp", ".hpp", etc. are really
just plain text.

BTW, has anyone found a good way of printing out the Boost library
documentation? It seems that nowadays everybody supplies
documentation only in HTML format, which is a problem for people like
me who don't want to be chained to the computer when they read.
(Yes, I know that you can laboriously print out a page at a time from
the browser. This is slow, painful, and the result looks awful.)