From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-03-17 21:02:43

Wow, jam does look pretty cool. I love how it has the equivalent of
"makedepend" built right in.

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, David Abrahams wrote:

abraha> I'm going to beat on Jam a bit more to see if we can make it do what we
abraha> want. Its build process is pretty straightforward on any platform that
abraha> supports a command-line interface. Yes, that includes Macintosh MPW.
abraha>
abraha> -Dave
abraha>
abraha> ----- Original Message -----
abraha> From: "Toon Knapen" <toon_at_[hidden]>
abraha> To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
abraha> Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 2:22 PM
abraha> Subject: Re: [boost] Re: configuration problems
abraha>
abraha>
abraha> > Beman Dawes wrote:
abraha> > > But then reality intruded. It wouldn't be self-contained (because it
abraha> > > relies on the user having Python installed). And it is, unfortunately,
abraha> > > vaporware as of the moment. So it really doesn't do us any good.
abraha> >
abraha> > So if a tool in C++ would be the only option, we've got a bootstrap
abraha> > problem. What do we use to build the build-tool ?
abraha> >
abraha> > toon
abraha> >
abraha> > List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:boost-unsubscribe_at_[hidden]>
abraha> >
abraha> >
abraha> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
abraha> >
abraha> >
abraha>
abraha>
abraha> List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:boost-unsubscribe_at_[hidden]>
abraha>
abraha>
abraha> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
abraha>
abraha>
abraha>

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Univ. of Notre Dame work phone: (219) 631-3906