From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-03-20 08:52:47

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <abrahams_at_m...> wrote:
> I'm only guessing, but many of the "time-saving" options allowed by
MSVC
> just break mysteriously when used. I suggest turning off things like
> "program database for edit and continue" and doing a clean rebuild.

The time saving options can still be quite useful about 70% of the
time. So, instead of turning them off I'd first suggest closing the
workspace and deleting all the temporary files (.ncb, .plg, etc... if
you don't know these yet, learn them), re-opening the workspace and
doing a full compile. 98% of the time this corrects any problems
you're having with out the need for turning off options like "edit
and continue". If it still doesn't work you've hit that other 2%, so
then try Dave's advice.

Bill Kempf

P.S. The percentages are made up just to give you an idea of my own
experience.