From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-03-20 08:48:35

--- In boost_at_y..., "Petr Kocmid" <pkocmid_at_a...> wrote:
> > From: williamkempf_at_h... [mailto:williamkempf_at_h...]
> > These particular ones occurred because the code originally
existed in
> > a Windows specific implementation file. At least I have an excuse
> > for two of them ;).
>
> No, you have not. There exist at least three ports of gcc for
windows, and
> at least one of them does not honor backslashes in include.

Careful here. First, catch the wink. Second, GCC is not an option
for my main programming. I have used it for compliance checking on
this particular library in the past, and will do so again before
formal submission, but the workload involved here prevented my
testing with multiple compilers if I intended to share the library in
progress (which is almost a necessity for this particular library).
So if you're trying to push your own agenda with GCC, your comments
will fall on deaf ears (no matter my opinion of MSVC, it's the
compiler that makes a living for me), while if you were just pointing
out that I could have tested with GCC, you're only partially correct.

Bill Kempf