From: Kevin S. Van Horn (kevin_vanhorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-04 16:53:50

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Lie-Quan Lee wrote:

> > Although the documentation for adjacency_list shows the last template
> > parameter for the adjacency_list template to be "GraphProperties",
> > described as "specifying property_storage for the graph object", there
> > is no further documentation on the subject and no examples. In
> > particular, how do I read and write a graph property (as opposed to an
> > edge or vertex property)?
>
> Here is an example excerpt to use graph properties and access it.

Thanks. I finally found this same information in the page for the
adjacency_list class template. However, doesn't this info belong on the
page for the PropertyGraph concept as part of the PropertyGraph
requirements?

Also, I would have found it useful to have a similar interface
(returning a reference to the stored value) for edge and vertex
properties. In my application I need to associate a rather large amount
of data with each vertex, and it is impractical to copy all of this data
every time you want to access it. I ended up storing a shared_ptr to the
data.