From: rwgk_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-04-16 18:33:48

I just checked in a new directory root/libs/compatibility
with an index.html file and a Python script. I have not yet
checked in the root/boost/compatibility directory.

From the new index.html:

    The header files created by this script reside in the
    directory root/boost/compatibility/cpp_c_headers.
    To use the header files, add this directory to the
    include file search path. For example:

    cxx -I/usr/local/boost/boost/compatibility/cpp_c_headers ...

What I am not sure about is the "boost/boost" part of the
pathname. For the particular case of the cpp_c_headers directory,
it is of no benefit that it resides in root/boost. This is,
it seems unlikely to me that one would ever want to:

#include <boost/compatibility/cpp_c_headers/cstdio>

Therefore root/compatibility would almost seem to be a more
logical place for the cpp_c_headers directory.

Then again, in the future there might be other compatibility
header files that are better placed in root/boost/compatibility.

Before creating a subdirectory that is very difficult to
remove again, I would like to know what other people think
about this.

Thanks,
        Ralf

--- In boost_at_y..., Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_a...> wrote:
> Perhaps segregate the material in a Compatibility Library.
Directory