From: rwgk_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-04-16 18:44:31

--- In boost_at_y..., thedent_at_m... wrote:
> Hi there,
> I want to use my own class MyVector in two modules I wrote with the
> boost python library.
> But when I define a
> class_builder<MyVector> vec_class(this_module,"vec")
> in one module "MyModule1",
> then the other module dont know about it.
> I could define it in the other module "MyModule2" as well,
> but the I have the different types Module1.vec and module2.vec.
> Is there a way to use the same type in different modules???

Yes! But it is not yet in the main boost CVS branch.
This is how you can read the documentation:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/
cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/boost/libs/python/doc/
Attic/cross_module_dependencies.html?
rev=1.1.2.2&content-type=text/plain&cvsroot=boost

(You have to join this into one line.)

I will merge the cross-module support into the main CVS branch
real soon, along with a few test/examples. Let me know if
you need this sooner. I could send you a boost.tar.gz file
with the cross-module stuff included.

Ralf