From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-24 20:59:40

The review period for Paul Bristow's Math Constants library has ended. The
consensus seems to be that we'd like to see the the interface substantially
changed before accepting this library. For reference, Jens seems to have
raised most of the relevant issues in
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/message/11315 and
means the only significant comments. I propose another review period after
Paul has made the neccessary changes.

With my review manager hat off, I find it regrettable that so much redesign
was found to be needed as late as the formal review process. In part, this
is the reality of such a volunteer effort as boost: people pay attention to
whatever they have time for. Personally, my only excuse is that I only just
"became a numerics person." This was an unfortunate situation for Paul in
particular, who put lots of effort into his submission based on what little
feedback he could get. On the other hand, it could have been worse if nobody
had paid any attention during the review process ;-)

-Dave