From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-12 19:48:11

I've tried out the latest (May 9th) version of the archive for function.hpp.
Here's what I did when I tried to compile it.

1. I had to comment out the "template" qualifications when a template that
came from within a class was being referenced. I use Metrowerks CodeWarrior
Pro 5.3, which is a generation behind the latest (6.1). I don't know if
CWP6.1 has the same problem. If it doesn't, should we bother coming up with
a workaround?

2. A new problem emerged due to the "nil_t" type. An object of this type
can be converted to any (data) pointer, via a conversion operator that is a
member template. CWP5.3 cannot handle such operators, even though it can
handle non-template-based operators and other member template functions. I
don't think even CWP6.1 fixes it, so we need a workaround strategy. This
could include a BOOST_NO_CONVERSION_OPERATOR_TEMPLATES #define in
<boost/config.hpp>.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie