From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-12 19:48:18

I gave the project at
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/flx_gc_1_1.zip> a little test
run, and here's what occurred:

- I had to add some <assert.h> #includes. I guess you assumed that an
indirect #include would work. Don't do that since a header on different
platforms may have different inner #includes, so an indirect #include isn't
guaranteed to be portable. If you want a name/macro, always #include that
header directly.

- My compiler (MW CodeWarrior Pro 5.3/Mac) couldn't find your custom
operator new, so I got compiler errors. I worked around it by calling your
version explicitly, and wrapping that result around the global regular
placement new. Maybe it'll work better after switching to the <cXXX>
#includes and cleaning up your namespaces.

- What's the deal with the weird #line statements? They confuse me and,
more importantly, the browser. I can't zoom in on problem code. Did you
write a single document in a strange format and then converted that document
to the source code and HTML documentation?

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie