From: John Max Skaller (skaller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-19 18:16:30

Daryle Walker wrote:

> I gave the project at
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/flx_gc_1_1.zip> a little test
> run, and here's what occurred:
>
> - I had to add some <assert.h> #includes. I guess you assumed that an
> indirect #include would work. Don't do that since a header on different
> platforms may have different inner #includes, so an indirect #include isn't
> guaranteed to be portable.

        AFAIK Standard headers are not allowed to provide
any (user) symbols other than the ones specified in the Standard.
Since this got past gcc 9.5, it isn't conforming. My assumption
was that the compiler was conforming, not that some include
or other would work (i.e. I expected the compiler to tell me
if I made a mistake).

        Fixed, thanks.

> - What's the deal with the weird #line statements? They confuse me and,
> more importantly, the browser. I can't zoom in on problem code. Did you
> write a single document in a strange format and then converted that document
> to the source code and HTML documentation?

        Yes. The source is in the directory

        lpsrc

The format is 'interscript', which is a literate programming (LP)
tool written in Python, you can get it from

        http://interscript.sourceforge.net

The #line directives are essential for me to track compiler
errors, since i must edit the LP source, not the generated
code. However, I can turn off the #line generation
when building a production release.

        I guess I should do that for the next release.

--
John (Max) Skaller, mailto:skaller_at_[hidden]
checkout Vyper http://Vyper.sourceforge.net