From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-06-05 14:57:27

--- In boost_at_y..., Daryle Walker <darylew_at_m...> wrote:
> on 6/5/01 3:30 PM, Bill Kempf at williamkempf_at_h... wrote:
>
> > --- In boost_at_y..., Daryle Walker <darylew_at_m...> wrote:
> >> The documentation has a page listing each of the libraries, and
we can look
> >> in each one to see what headers go with a library. Sometimes, I
need to go
> >> the other way; I need to know where the documentation is for a
header at
> >> which I'm looking. The answer isn't always obvious from the
header's name;
> >> and we shouldn't have to be guessing anyway, even for "obvious"
names. Could
> >> we add a documentation page that lists each (public) header file
and gives
> >> where the header's documentation is?
> >
> > Wouldn't it be handier to have the link embedded in a comment at
the top of
> > the header file?
>
> Possibly, but we would risk having to update headers only for
documentation
> maintenance.

Headers are documentation, though. Yes, this might increase the
maintenance burden, but I don't think it would increase it that
much. It's at least worth considering. There are a lot of
development environments that would make finding the documentation
from the header file a single click operation.

Bill Kempf