From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-26 09:48:04

At 05:42 AM 6/26/2001, Vesa Karvonen wrote:

>I think that at least any class template design that uses template
template
>parameters, but doesn't use partial specialization, can be (mechanically)
>transformed into a design that doesn't use template template parameters.
>
>I'm interested to know of any problems with the following transformation
(I
>developed it while writing this e-mail and it probably is not correct)
and
>whether it can be extended for partial specialization and/or function
>templates.

I worked through your example and it seemed correct to me, except for
adding "typename" one or two places. Have you tried to compile it?

But in another message someone claimed that template template parameter
replacements were not just broken compiler workarounds, but actually better
that template template parameters. Could someone explain the rationale
behind that assertion?

Cheers,

--Beman