From: Gary Powell (Gary.Powell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-28 12:00:42

[David Abrahams]
I think the arguments for interoperability of zero-based indexing are
compelling. All the same, is there any reason we can't have both zero-based
indexing and '_1st', '_2nd', etc. as suggested below?

[Gary Powell]
The indexing of tuples is independent of the name of the free arguments in
LL. You can call them anything you want. If the default is _1st or
_theFirstFreeArgument or _free1 its all the same to LL.

And yes LL uses tuples and does not expose them to the user at any point.
For us changing to zero base indexing inside of LL is a lot of work, and
will no doubt put a few bugs in the system but it's not unmanageable.