From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-29 11:08:54

These are the standards I use at work. I posted these since a few people
expressed interest. They are not intended to act as requirements for boost,
but as "guideposts to uniformity", for those without a preference in some
issues and those willing to change. In fact, I think it would be worth
discussing what role they should play at boost and how (whether) they should
be presented.

I have tried to ground most of the choices in engineering merit, but
obviously many are to some degree a matter of preference. If people find
actual problems with these, I'm certainly open to being convinced that there
is a better way. Please keep in mind, however, that discussion of such
issues can often become a kind of ``religious war'' and I think it would be
a shame for boost to expend any energy on that.

-Dave