From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-07 10:45:47
At 01:41 AM 8/7/2001, Gennadiy E. Rozental wrote:
>I downloaded version of unit test framework based on one from ulrich
> I made changes to original design (including some header files
>refactoring and almost complete elimination of virtual functions) and
>added couple new features:
> progress display (boost library based) - to use with long tests
> parametrized test cases - if you want to run one test case with
>different parameters ( I have test case specification in the external
>file and I have hundreds of such files).
> Code still have lot of things to enchance (especially in workaround
> I've tried to keep original coding style.
>Hope for comments,
Oh dear. It looks like you based your refactoring on the older unit test
code in the files/vault rather than the newer code in CVS under the
unit_test_development branch. We should have deleted the old code from the
YahooGroups files/vault. I've done that now.
We really need to get unit tests ready for review. The changes you are
suggesting are certainly worth discussing. Perhaps you could contact Ulli
and I privately, and we can work out an action plan.
This points out a real problem - we are doing a poor job of cleaning out
old files from the fault. At one point Dave suggested we just clean out
everything and start over. It may be time to do just that.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk