From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-18 04:41:26

> So why name it "call" when it doesn't call anything, but just
> creates a function object?

A fair point. I don't really care what it is called as long as
its not bind, since nothing is being bound. The key thing is
that it is creating a function object that calls a function.
Some of the arguments to the function may or may not be bound
to particular values, and the function object arguments may or
may not be repeated or reordered when calling the function.

> I'm fine with "bind".

I'm not, because binding is only one small part of what the
function may do. Perhaps make_caller would be better.

Mark