From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-29 15:09:53

> I think this argument would be more compelling if there was a way to know
> that a change in version meant "major release". But currently, any time a
> compiler vendor makes a minor release that bumps the version number, we
> run into this "optimism" and have to rev. Boost.

True, but sometimes major features are addressed in a minor release.
For example, Borland fixed void returns with patch 1 to C++Builder 4!
And anyway, the workaround could well be due to a simple bug that has
indeed been fixed by the patch.

So I still think we should be "optimistic" for the sake of knowing
exactly when are optimism is misplaced.

Mark