From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-09-03 12:52:14

--- In boost_at_y..., Jeremy Siek <jsiek_at_c...> wrote:

> in condition.html:
>
> Template parameter "Pr" should be replaced with "Predicate"
> and linked to the definition:
> http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/Predicate.html

Do we make external links like this in Boost documentation? I'm
willing to make the change, just want to make sure it's appropriate.

> Links should be added to the documentation for xtime
> and that documentation should be created.

Hopefully will be done today and checked in/uploaded to files section.

> Move xlock.hpp to a detail/ directory, or document it and
> make it "public".

Currently it is documented, but it's also in the detail namespace (I
expected others to make use of the templates). I guess I've left
these types in limbo, partially a detail item and partially public
concepts. A decision has to be made as to which direction it should
really go.

> in mutex.html:
>
> there are no examples here for try and timed mutexes.
> Perhaps put in links to the examples in the *_lock.html files.

I'll think about this.

> in index.html:
>
> the link to tss.html is broke, there is no such file.

Yes, pointed out earlier and will be corrected in the upload today.

> in thread_specific_ptr.html:
>
> in the example, the static cast "<" and ">" need to be
> changed to "&lt;" and "&gt;"

Ahh... good catch. I'll correct.

> in scoped_lock.html (and the other lock docs too)
>
> Header, just use mutex.hpp here, xlock.hpp is an implementation
> detail, right?

We can't use just mutex.hpp, we'd have to use recursive_mutex.hpp as
well. However, the type isn't defined in either of these, but is
defined in xlock.hpp. Even if it's fully turned into a detail I
don't think this should be changed here.

> more comments to come...

I'm happily awaiting :).

Bill Kempf