From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-25 07:09:32

From: "Daryle Walker" <darylew_at_[hidden]>
> on 9/24/01 7:29 PM, Jens Maurer at Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden] wrote:
>
> > Damien Fisher wrote:
> >>
> >> Well...why isn't there an XML parser in boost?
> >
> > Because nobody has written one and offered it for inclusion
> > into boost. Feel free to do so.
>
> I was just thinking about this right before reading this message. I heard
> that XML was supposed to be designed so a CS student could write a parser
> within a week. (I guess this means just enough to check for well-formed
> files, and not validation nor all the whiz-bang stuff like XSL, XPath,
> Schema, XQuery, etc.)

I feel obliged to say that I have a non-validating, extremely simple,
XML/HTML parser (that handles reasonably ill-formed XML because it's
intended to be used in the real HTML world.)

The reason that I haven't submitted it yet is that it depends on my
variant<> class. My variant<> class, in turn, depends on my impl_ptr<>
class. So the XML parser is three submissions away. ;-)

I can try to shuffle my priorities a bit if having a boost XML parser is
critical. ;-)

--
Peter Dimov
Multi Media Ltd.