From: BJORNK (bjorn.karlsson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-26 08:42:57

> From: Ihsan Ali Al Darhi [mailto:iad929_at_[hidden]]
>
> How can you differentiate between a boost-developer and a
> boost-developer?
> Suppose a programmer is using one of the libraries in Boost. He (She)
> doesn't like something in that library and rewrote some code
> to fullfill his
> requirements. Can you say this person is a Boost-developer?
> Boost-user?
>
> IAD

I don't think that the intent is to categorize developers, but rather to
provide different forums for different needs.
Example:
* If I don't understand how to use something in Boost.Threads, I'll consult
boost-users.
* If I want to contribute to the development of Boost.Threads (or just watch
Bill and Peter play mind-chess), I'll go to boost-developers.

This proposed separation of concerns is (at least to me) an indication of a
maturing library, where the needs of users are at a totally different level
than the low-level, highly specialized discussions between Boost
developers/contributors.

The value of boost-users could be tremendous.

Bjorn Karlsson