From: Gennadiy E. Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-28 11:02:19

--- In boost_at_y..., Paul Beardsley <pab_at_m...> wrote:

> About two years ago, I saw an article in some C++/programming
> journal (whose name I have forgotten) about testing equality
> of floating point numbers. The author had used templates,
> gave a thorough discussion of the all the issues, and
> his solution with source code. Unfortunately I was never
> able to find it when I came to look for it, and all I remember
> is that the author had a maybe Indian name.
>
> Can anyone guide me to the original article, or a good
> C++ implementation for this task? I didn't notice
> anything relevant on the Boost libraries page.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul.
>
> p.s. I know about the C solution at http://fcmp.sourceforge.net/.

I am finilizing work on Boost unit test library that is supposed to
have required feature and hopefully be able to present it soon. You
can look into the CVS for current state of the libary (Beman/Ullrich
version; tag unit_test_development) and give me your opinion what do
you expected see. Anyway I will think about adopting of Khuth
algorithm. And I also would also be interesting in the reference.

Gennadiy.