From: Markus Schoepflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-04 03:47:36

I had several issues when trying to build the new boost version. My
toolset is MSVC6SP5 and STLPort 4.0 with native IOStreams.

--- In boost_at_y..., cop_at_s... wrote:

> I've been using Boost 1.24.0, so I thought I would download the new
> Boost 1.25.0. This version now moves lots of code out of the .hpp
> headers and into .cpp source files. Unfortunately, I cannot build
the
> new system. I'm using MSVC 6 SP5 and STLport 4.5 on Windows 2000
SP2.

> The problem seems to be that the file $(BOOST_ROOT)/Jamfile only
> subincludes libs/regex/build. When I try to build the system,
> libboost_regex.dll gets built properly, but none of the other Boost
> projects get built.

Do you use SGI iostreams provided by STLPort or native iostreams?

> I was particularly interested in using the new
> Boost.Threads. However, when I tried to manually subinclude
> libs/thread/build in $(BOOST_ROOT)/Jamfile, I get many compilation
> errors because $(BOOST_ROOT)/boost/thread is not in my Include
path..

Try modifying the jam file. After replacing $(BOOST_ROOT)
with ../../.. the includes paths were set up ok.

But I had to add the header <string> to "exceptions.hpp", otherwise
the compilation of the constructors of the exceptions objects failed.
But this may be an issue with STLPort 4.0.

> thanks,
> chris

HTH, Markus