From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-10-04 10:13:16

--- In boost_at_y..., "Markus Schoepflin" <markus.schoepflin_at_g...> wrote:
> I had several issues when trying to build the new boost version. My
> toolset is MSVC6SP5 and STLPort 4.0 with native IOStreams.
>
> --- In boost_at_y..., cop_at_s... wrote:
> >
> > I've been using Boost 1.24.0, so I thought I would download the
new
> > Boost 1.25.0. This version now moves lots of code out of the .hpp
> > headers and into .cpp source files. Unfortunately, I cannot build
> the
> > new system. I'm using MSVC 6 SP5 and STLport 4.5 on Windows 2000
> SP2.
> >
> > The problem seems to be that the file $(BOOST_ROOT)/Jamfile only
> > subincludes libs/regex/build. When I try to build the system,
> > libboost_regex.dll gets built properly, but none of the other
Boost
> > projects get built.

There are very few projects currently using the Boost.Build system,
so AFAIK the only one that failed to compile for you was
Boost.Threads. This was a minor oversite during the process of
moving Boost.Threads onto the trunk and I'll correct this in the CVS
repository ASAP. In the mean time there are two ways to build
Boost.Threads available to you. Modify $(BOOST_ROOT)/Jamfile to
include the following at the end:

subinclude libs/thread/build ;

Or, run Jam directly in the $(BOOST_ROOT)/libs/thread/build directory
instead of in $(B00ST_ROOT).

> Do you use SGI iostreams provided by STLPort or native iostreams?
>
> > I was particularly interested in using the new
> > Boost.Threads. However, when I tried to manually subinclude
> > libs/thread/build in $(BOOST_ROOT)/Jamfile, I get many
compilation
> > errors because $(BOOST_ROOT)/boost/thread is not in my Include
> path..
> >

> Try modifying the jam file. After replacing $(BOOST_ROOT)
> with ../../.. the includes paths were set up ok.

This shouldn't be happening (and doesn't for me). Be sure to run Jam
with -f??\boost\tools\build\allyourbase.jam.

> But I had to add the header <string> to "exceptions.hpp", otherwise
> the compilation of the constructors of the exceptions objects
failed.
> But this may be an issue with STLPort 4.0.

I don't use STLPort, though I thought Beman ran Win32 compiles with
this? I'll look into this one.

Bill Kempf