From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-11 12:04:04

Also, FYI, the use of Jam was supposed to solve many of the make problems
described here:
http://www.pcug.org.au/~millerp/rmch/recu-make-cons-harm.html, for which I
don't know of any simple solution. Indeed, the paper seems to imply that
there is no effective way to use make unless ALL build components are
included in a single Makefile. Jam allows relatively non-intrusive addition
of subprojects to any project.

-Dave

  David Abrahams, C++ library designer for hire
 resume: http://users.rcn.com/abrahams/resume.html

        C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)
          email: david.abrahams_at_[hidden]