From: Ross Smith (ross.s_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-11 15:14:44

Could I ask the people working on the Jam-based build system to clarify
a point for me please? It doesn't seem to be addressed in the design
document.

Will it still be possible to download Boost, build it using some simple
command line (on the level of "./configure && make install", and then go
ahead and use it in Makefile-based projects like any other library? Or
will it be necessary to use Jam instead of make for projects that use
Boost?

(To put it another way: will we have to learn Jam in order to use
Boost?)

--
Ihug (Auckland, New Zealand) ................... http://www.ihug.co.nz/