From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-02 15:05:30
> - Replace the nested tables with a single table just for the link box, and
> set the link box to float on the right. This will allow the page text to
> go under the box, which provides more of a publishing-quality appearance.
> Finally, add 'style="margin: 1em"' to the table tag for breathing room.
Isn't it a bit unconventional to have the link box on the right? I can't say
I've seen it all that often, and I personally tend to look left for web page
I toyed around with your version a bit to throw a little more chaos into the
mix. The changes are:
- Moved the link box to the left
- Removed the top navigation bar (it's redundant)
- Shrunk the C++ Boost graphic and stuck it at the top of the link box
- Moved "Mailing Lists" up under "Libraries" (generally more important than
bug tracking/feature requests, IMHO)
- Reordered mailing lists in order of usefulness for users: announcements,
then users, then developers.
- Added "People" and "More..." links to the "Other Resources" section (to
make the top navigation bar redundant).
It's available at: http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~gregod/boost.html
It seems that the more/mailing_lists.htm and more/moderators.htm pages are
not yet in CVS...
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk