From: Ed Brey (edbrey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-02 14:25:13
From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>
> Attached is a new Boost home page prototype
> Comments and suggestions appreciated.
> I'm not at all expert with HTML, so please let me know if you spot ways to
> improve the presentation.
Nice improvement. Here are my suggestions to make it even better:
- Replace the nested tables with a single table just for the link box, and set the link box to float on the right. This will allow the page text to go under the box, which provides more of a publishing-quality appearance. Finally, add
'style="margin: 1em"' to the table tag for breathing room.
- Put each section of the link box in its own paragraph.
- Replace the '--'s with spaces. A simple search and replace of '--' with ' ' will do it. (Except, don't replace the webbot '--'s at the end of the document.)
- Remove the new-line hack regarding "members-only" (little could be more against the spirit of HTML). Also, it shouldn't be hyphenated.
- Change 'site-related' to 'web site-related'.
Attached is your page with the above changes made for concrete reference.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk