From: Jesse Jones (jesjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-07 17:12:43

I'm having some problems building boost 1.25.1 with gcc on Mac OS
10.1. I first tried Jam 2.3.5 from the The FreeType Project
SourceForge site with the following command line:

jam -sBOOST_ROOT=tools/build/allyourbase.jam -sTOOLS="gcc"

I got these warnings:

warning: unknown rule project-root
warning: unknown rule subinclude
warning: unknown rule subinclude
warning: unknown rule subinclude
warning: unknown rule subinclude
...found 7 targets...

and the build quit. Then I noticed the tools/build/jam_src folder so
I went ahead and built that version of jam by typing "jam" in that
folder. I copied the new tool into /usr/bin and tried to build boost
again and got some new errors:

boost-build.jam: No such file or directory
don't know how to make all
...found 1 target...
...can't find 1 target...

Anyone know what's going on here? Do I have to set some environment
variables? BTW both versions of jam print the following when I use
the -v option:

Jam/MR Version 2.3.2. Copyright 1993, 2000 Christopher Seiwald. OS=MACOSX.

   -- Jesse