From: Jesse Jones (jesjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-07 19:51:40

At 6:16 PM -0500 11/7/01, David Abrahams wrote:
>the correct command-line for using FTJam is:
>
> jam -ftools/build/allyourbase.jam -sTOOLS=gcc

Hmm, I don't know how I messed this up, but as it happens, the above
produced the same results.

>If you are using the jam in boost/tools/build/jam_src, you can use:
>
> jam -sBOOST_ROOT=. -sTOOLS=gcc

This worked for me. It looks like the thread library built OK
although there were 20 or so warnings. The static regex libraries
were built as well, but the shared libraries failed to build (OS X's
shared library support is a bit unusual I think). The python
libraries failed to build because I installed Python with Fink which
puts stuff in /sw instead of /usr. But the thread library is all I'm
really interested in right now so I can start wrestling with the GNU
auto* tools again. :-)

Thanks for your help.

   -- Jesse