From: boost (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-19 16:08:55

Salut,

On Monday 19 November 2001 13:12, walter_at_[hidden] wrote:

> > After reading through the documentation of various packages
> > (MTL, Blitz++, POOMA, ATLAS, ... ) I'd prefer to use MTL, since it
>
> is more
>
> > than just a matrix package.
>
> Could you please elaborate on this?
Sorry for being lazy, i meant that in addition to Basic Lineat Algebra,
MTL has more Linear Algebra functionality, like LU factorization,
lu_solve.
I realized after my email that eigen value calculation is passed to
LAPACK. So I guess it's not generic for arbitrary types.

> > -> hermitean Matrices
>
> Done in numeric/ublas. Do you also need skew symmetric / hermitean
> matrices?
Not for my first release, but I assume I will need them in ~1/2 year.

> > -> (sparce) Matrices defined as a list of (dense) sub blocks
> > -> hermitean rank-2 update for matrices ( BLAS xHERK2)
>
> Done in numeric/ublas.
Nice.

> The initial mtl and ublas submissions in the boost vault are
> outdated. Actual versions are available via sourceforge CVS.
o.k., that explains a lot.

> > Is anyone currently working on the matrix packages ?
>
> We continue our work on numeric/ublas.
>
> Regards
>
> Joerg

I will take a closer look at the ublas package
and post my comments.

Thanks for answering,
best wishes,
Peter