From: mister_cpp_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-11-26 17:06:52

I'm having problems with boost and Cygwin gcc 2.95 on NT. (I
installed it on a different machine for Visual C++ and it works
great). Specifically, I'm having problems with regex++. On the gcc
machine I compiled libboost_regex.a and it went fine. When I try to
compile the following code I get errors. The code is:

#include <iostream>
#include "boost/regex.hpp"

int main () {
    boost::regex Expression("test");
    return 0;
}

I compile it with:
g++ -o myfile myfile.cpp

and I get many errors about undefined references, such as:
/cygdrive/c/TEMP/ccSoswwa.o
(.boost::c_regex_traits<char>::sentry::text$(boost::c
_regex_traits<char> const &)+0xb):split2.cpp: undefined reference to
`boost::c_regex_traits<char>::update(void)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I copied libboost_regex.a to the /lib directory of my Cygwin
installation. I suspect there's a problem finding the libraries when
I compile, but being a bit of a newbie at this, I don't know where to
start.

TIA
...Kevin