From: Steve M. Robbins (steven.robbins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-02 23:22:21

Hello,

I am working with the 1.26.0 release.

I had a look at the test results for linux
(http://www.boost.org/status/cs-linux.html) but did not see my
compiler (GCC 2.95.4 without stlport) listed.

I would like to generate the table for my compiler. I thought it
could be done using something simple like "jam test". I have done
the following

    make -C tools/build/jam_src
    tools/build/jam_src/bin.linuxx86/jam -sBOOST_ROOT=. -sTOOLS="gcc"
    tools/build/jam_src/bin.linuxx86/jam -sBOOST_ROOT=. -sTOOLS="gcc" test

A whole lot of files were generated in status/bin, but the "cs-linux.html"
file was not changed. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Or could the problem be caused simply by targets that failed to build?
At the end of the "jam ... test" output, I see

    ...failed updating 8 targets...
    ...skipped 28 targets...
    ...updated 668 targets...

Any help is appreciated. Basically, I noticed that GCC 2.95.3
failed several tests, while GCC 2.95.3 + stlport and GCC 3.0.1
both passed all tests. So I am wondering whether or not GCC 2.95.4
needs stlport.

Thanks,
-Steve

--