From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-11 13:31:57

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brad King" <brad.king_at_[hidden]>

> > I would really rather see a solution where Dart is doing less of the
> > work, e.g. just processing the output of running Jam.

> Dart finds the DartTestfiles and runs the tests described. The output is
> used to generate a Test.xml file which is transmitted to the server. It
> will be quite hard to get Jam to duplicate this file's format.

I bet it's doable. I did a bunch of work on getting Jam to generate html for
test result output already, but it's not integrated into the system yet.

> As above,
> I think the solution may be to list executions of Jam in the DartTestfiles
> for Dart to run.

I'm not happy with any direction that requires specifying tests in two
different languages. Now boost developers either need to install Dart or we
have duplicated test specifications. I think either one is unacceptable.

-Dave