From: Steve M. Robbins (steven.robbins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-19 19:55:28

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 06:54:01PM -0500, David Abrahams wrote:

> > For me, the main thing is that I can get shared libs built
> > with proper SONAMES. As far as I can see, it involves tweaking
> > the jam files some. If someone has already done this, please let
> > me know where and what to change. Thanks.
>
> I need to know the following:
>
> 1. Which of the compilers supported in the
> BOOST_ROOT/tools/build/*-tools.jam files need to have the SONAMES option
> added?

I would suppose that you want all of them to have versioned libraries.

> 2. What are the options for the respective compilers?

I don't know. For unixy systems, I'd start by combing through the
libtool sources for clues. For MSWindow'ish stuff, I guess you'll
have to comb through their documentation.

> 3. What are the right version numbers to assign?

You'll have to get that from the respective library authors.

-S

--
by Rocket to the Moon,
by Airplane to the Rocket,