From: Brad King (brad.king_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-21 14:39:16

From: David Abrahams <david.abrahams_at_[hidden]>
> From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>
> > As a further refinement, we might associate an email address (or
> addresses)
> > with each regression test row, and email a notification if (1) the test
> > newly begins failing, (2) the test fails, period. Presumably option (1)
> > would be run before a release, while option (2) would be run less
> > often. The point being to notify, without flooding developers with email
> > they would soon hate.
> I would like that very much. Having your email address in the system would
> not be compulsory would it? People could unsubscribe from this service if
> they were overwhelmed.
> I would want the ability to associate multiple email addresses.
Doug's description of using a Dart dashboard to fulfill Beman's request
covered many features. There is another feature that would provide an
email solution as well.

Dart supports a "Continuous" build model. A Dart client machine
configured this way will keep an up-to-date build incrementally whenever
changes to CVS are committed. When an error occurs, email is sent to any
author who checked in changes since the previous build (there is a mapping
from cvs username to email address). Authors will be notified of errors
resulting from their changes within a few minutes.

-Brad