From: Tom Becker (voidampersand_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-24 15:30:01

Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:06:58 -0000, "bill_kempf" <williamkempf_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > The second example violates the "exceptions should be used only in
>> exceptional circumstances" rule. The thread should be written so
>> there's a gentle way to ask it to stop.
>>
>> while (!done()) {
>> // do something
>> }
>
>That seems to be an argument for not including cancellation at all.
>Is that truly what you think?

No. Cancellation is a good thing. So are exceptions. I just believe
in asking nicely first, and opening the trap door only as a last
resort.

Regards,

   Tom

--
Tom Becker                      "Within C++, there is a much smaller and
<voidampersand_at_[hidden]>        cleaner language struggling to get out."