From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-06 15:03:49

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Beman Dawes wrote:
bdawes> The release candidate branch has been made: RC_1_27_0
bdawes>
bdawes> The point of doing this is that we can correct boo-boo's before the actual
bdawes> release.
bdawes>
bdawes> Case in point: A change checked in yesterday broke
bdawes> libs/tokenizer/examples.cpp for VC++ (see below).

Ahh, good. My changes got in just in the nick of time :)

bdawes> Jeremy, when you fix this please remember that the changes need to be made
bdawes> to the release candidate branch (RC_1_27_0) and then merged into the main
bdawes> trunk.

Ok, I've made the fix on both RC_1_27_0 and on the main trunk.

bdawes> Meanwhile, if others notice anything wrong with the release candidate,
bdawes> please let me know. We've talked about the details of how to make fixes
bdawes> based on a release candidate branch, but never discussed how we would know
bdawes> in the first place that fixes were required.

Do we have a web page describing these procedures yet?

Cheers,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek http://php.indiana.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Student, Indiana Univ. B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) office phone: (812) 855-3608