From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-10 12:58:30

> I agree. I don't think this would be constructive for the C++
community in the
> long run. Popular libraries (and people bitching about them not
compiling) are
> currently putting the fire under Microsoft to improve their
conformance. I
> think it an inherently bad idea to take the "new" facilities of C++,
create a
> library the heavily utilizes those facilities, and the port it a
pre-facility
> compiler. I wouldn't be surprised if the template facilities of
standard C++
> and what Andrei could do with them were part of the inspiration for
Loki in the
> first place. (Please, correct me if I'm wrong.) Philosophically, I
think it
> runs counter to the original conception.

I agree with Paul (that's why I quoted all of his post :o)).

For what it's worth:

* I saw Loki's Visitor compiled /and running/ under MSVC with my own
eyes.

* I know for a fact that MSVC developers use Loki artifacts for tests

* I know it is consider strategic for msvc to compile boost and loki.

Andrei