From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-10 12:36:30

"Sreekant Sreedharan" <blue_panther_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> But I am still left with a void... what is the answer?
>
> Loki seems to satisfy quiet a few of these problems.. Is there
meaning in
> looking at it as a basis for our ideas?

Loki's intent was to take the parts of the GoF book that are amenable
to automation, and to automate them. Some I simply could not find
worthy automation for. When I say "worthy" I mean "more than simply
deriving from a cute patterns::some_pattern class".

I have very cool and complete implementations of Composite and
Observer, but there was no more time and space to describe them in
Modern C++ Design. They will be part of my next book.

Andrei