From: Giovanni Bajo (giovannibajo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-29 13:20:32

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Maddock" <john_maddock_at_[hidden]>
To: "boost" <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 1:23 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] boost::bind() and Comeau

> BOOST_MSVC is used to detect MS specific compiler bugs (or should be), and
> so should not be set for any compiler other than Visual C++.

Ok, the config reference is not very explicit about this, though.

> WRT to long long and __int64, the conclusion I've come to is that we need
to add
> BOOST_HAS_MS_INT64, presumably we can set this correctly for Comeau?

Yes, we can set it for Comeau when in Microsoft mode, that is when
(defined(__COMO__) && defined(_MSC_VER) && (_MSC_VER > 1)).

> After that we need a comprehensive clear out of any usage of _MSC_VER is
boost
> code. Any comments or objections?
> (BTW I've come on to this discussion somewhat late, if I've missed the
point
> my apologies).

Not at all, please go for it. As I have already pointed out, several of them
are around compiler-specific pragmas, and the only issue is that we need to
add a dependency on config.hpp. I can help with Comeau testing, but I can't
do the work myself due to my lack of boost experience.

Giovanni Bajo