From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-03 15:49:29

"David B. Held" <dheld_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> So did we decide that public or private inheritance is the way to go?

I suggest we go with public inheritance now, and figure out what it takes to
make it private once we get the port going. By the way, how do you test the
implementation?

> I would sure like to leverage the work on compressed_pair, because
> it has a non-PTS implementation. On the other hand, if I have to
> add c'tors anyway, maybe we should just "borrow" the best parts of
> compressed_pair to implement OptionallyInherits?

I don't know. Again, I think it's best to get things rolling first. So you
may want to hack compressed_pair into optionally_inherits. If a concept
comes out of it, cool. If not, the hack will be eternalized :o).

Andrei