From: John Maddock (john_maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-30 06:27:51

> Man, you're not kidding that there are problems. I just got further in
> my compilation testing, and code using the regex library is trying to
> link in "boost_regex_vc6-stlport_mdidd.lib" (via
> boost\regex\detail\regex_library_include.hpp's #pragma comment(lib
> statement) when all that is created is boost_regex.lib. :<

For Visual C++ or Borland C++, the regex lib is best built using the
supplied makefiles - the lib and dll file names will then match those that
the lib wants to link against. If you want to link against your own lib
build, or against a jam produced build then you will need to define
BOOST_REGEX_NO_LIB to suppress the automatic linking. Eventually I would
like to ensure that the Jam produced files have the same name as the
makefile produced ones, but I haven't got to grips with Jam enough to do
that yet.

BTW this is all in the regex docs...

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm