From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-13 21:42:37

On Thursday 13 June 2002 12:31, Thomas Witt wrote:
> On Thursday 13 June 2002 16:45, Toon Knapen wrote:
> > Would anybody mind if '-tpp6' would be added to
> > " flags intel-linux CFLAGS <optimization>speed : -O3 ; "
> > I experienced a 300% speedup due to this flag (on an AMD1700+ ;)
>
> Generally I would _not_ like to have _any_ architecture specific settings
> in the optimization flags.

That's why for the moment I just added '-tpp6' and not '-axK' for instance
because the latter is pentium III specific (tpp6 is valid from the pentium
pro onward)

For the -axK I should take a look at what they're doing for the mipspro,
using <architecture> etc. as suggested by Rene.

> The funny thing is that the observed behaviour qualifies for a bug report,
> as the documentation says that -tpp6 is on by default. At least for version
> 6. You sure are using a current version, aren't you? :-).
Yep : 6.0.
I did'nt see it in the documentation that it's on by default but I did notice
the difference ?

toon