From: Ted Byers (r.ted.byers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-20 15:24:59

> Think how _simple_ it would be to provide a "stack trace" if the stack
were
> still intact!!

Maybe it is simple, IF you know how to do it. Can you tell me how to do it,
perhaps with some sample code that I could call a) on a failed assertion,
and b) at the time I am catching MS' structured exceptions? I saw the
documentation for the function StackWalk, but without some sample code to
show how to use it to produce a trace, I am having trouble figuring out how
to use it. And, of course, that won't help me when I move toward developing
for Linux.

But, since C++ exceptions are not yet involved in these two cases,
presumably the stack would still be intact at that time. Right?

Cheers,

Ted