From: Dietmar Kuehl (dietmar_kuehl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-26 16:36:39

The version you posted addresses the array related portion of my
original <array.h> header. I think this is fine and it is probably reasonable
to put this forward, finally removing this library at least from the "beta"
section (the other two libraries are apparently also adopted but are more
complex and probably need some time before they can be reviewed).

However, I also want to point out that the header addressed another
issue which I still consider important to bring into wider use but probably
with a different name: The approach of using member functions may be
reasonable for containers to integrate with STL but this is not always the
case and actually impossible with arrays. Thus, I recommend the use of
non-member functions, eg. functions 'begin()' and 'end()', to use a
consistent approach. The header I originally provided addressed this by
having generic version using the member functions and a specific version
for arrays.

--
<mailto:dietmar_kuehl_at_[hidden]> <http://www.dietmar-kuehl.de/>
Phaidros eaSE - Easy Software Engineering: <http://www.phaidros.com/>