From: Greg Comeau (comeau_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-06 14:03:29

In article <000f01c2251b$d61f85d0$7772e50c_at_c161550a>,
Paul Mensonides <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>Right now, we are having to provide pre-expanded files to include if
>the preprocessor is from EDG.

Yes, I noted this too, but forget to include it in my earlier post.

I'm also curious for the full path of an article that Dave A wrote
about a year ago about compile speeds.

>Peprocessing in non-strict mode (on Win32) can be significantly
>faster (though not *fast*) than preprocessing in strict mode.
>Why is this and what is the difference?

Nothing off hand leaps out at me. Permit me to ask some
counter questions:
1) You're talking about the difference in como -E'ing it?
2) How are you timing this?
3) When you say "non-strict mode (on Win32)" are you talking
   about general non-strict "relaxed" mode, or "microsoft" mode?
4) How "significant" is "significantly"? :) IOWs, can you give
   a timing example just to gain your perspective?

I'm sure you guys have this right, but I'm trying to understand
the details of it.

--
Greg Comeau       4.3.0 NEWS: New Windows Backends + 'export' IN July!
Comeau C/C++ ONLINE ==>     http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout