From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-13 07:37:10

I've taken the liberty of committing fixes for *some* of boost's BOOST_MSVC
checks which weren't checking the version number. I took a somewhat
conservative route, which also means it's somewhat ham-fisted -- in many
cases the original test was written with MSVC6 in mind, and I just assumed
that the same workaround would be needed for MSVC7 but not for later
compilers. Hopefully, the enclosed list will be enough to prompt authors
and maintainers to look over the changes and tune them appropriately.

Note: in case it wasn't clear: I DID NOT TRY TO FIX EVERYTHING. In
particular, I gave up quickly on the graph library examples directory
because it was too big and I didn't touch regex at all for lack of
expertise. For other libraries I only made a change where the answer seemed
obvious to me. I double-checked my work, and I hope I didn't break
anything. No guarantees of course.

-Dave

P.S. I am certain that we have lots of similar issues with __BORLANDC__ and
__MWERKS__, probably others as well.

                  David Abrahams
      C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) O__ ==
      Pythonista (http://www.python.org) c/ /'_ ==